Monday, January 23, 2017

Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome back!

I apologize for the extended absence of new content from this blog. That will be changing in the coming weeks and months.

In the meantime, I offer you the following as the latest of my writing efforts: a new book!

I just published my first Science Fiction novel. It's actually a critique of current AI research directions while also exploring future microelectronics technology, exotic physics issues and lots of other things.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5SHBGJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1485241471&sr=1-1&keywords=pete+gasperini

You will find each of the 25 chapters to be prefaced by a famous quotation that sets the stage for the chapter (old habits die hard, I suppose ;-). ) There is also an extensive appendix to explain some of the language choices as well as the scientific and engineering topics explored, as all of them are either theoretical or in their infancy.

My next post (which I will try to release in the next 2 weeks) will be a doozy: I'll be updating the financial data for the companies I previously tracked in my "State of the Union" updates. It will include fresh data for all the companies on the list, as well as changes due to M&A (such as the Lattice and Altera buyouts) and the HP split.

Again, welcome back, everyone! 

Some bold adventurers disdain
The limits of their little reign,
And unknown regions dare descry. - Thomas Gray, Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or critique!